Caledonia Haulers was Founded in 1958

October 22, 1958 - October 22, 1958

Caledonia Haulers, Inc. was formed for the purpose of hauling milk from the farmers to the Land O’ Lakes plant in Caledonia. The original six shareholders were Joseph Gavin, President; Glen Derr, Secretary; Eugene Kohlmeyer, Vice-President; Hugo Muenkel, Director; John Schmitz, Director; and Walter Schuttemeier, Treasurer. These six men invested $200.00 each and acquired a loan from Sprague National Bank for $10,000 to purchase one milk tank and a 1958 International truck which was driven by John Schmitz.

In the beginning, our routes consisted of 90 cans of milk which they loaded on a straight truck at 20 different farms and traveling an average of 50 miles a day to get milk hauled into the Land O’ Lakes plant in Caledonia. These men picked up milk cans in Caledonia, Eitzen, Hokah, Spring Grove, Nodine and Decorah, Iowa.

Get Moving with Caledonia Haulers